This is a free to enter competition; the main requirements being that work must be un-exhibited, and form a coherent series featuring 8-20 images, this should be accompanied by a short text. This open call is available to artists at all stages of their career. By entering you have the chance to win the prizes detailed below:
- A solo exhibition in central London worth 3K
- The works will be framed, all of which you can keep afterwards.
- A private view to kick off the week-long exhibtion, attended by a flurry of industry guests during theprintspace’s prime Christmas exhibition slot.
- Curation advice for the exhibition install.
- £1000 print credit at theprintspace.
- The chance to sell your prints via the creativehub print store.
You can enter via the creativehub, that same platform that PYLOT have used when running our own open calls. The competition closes in two weeks on October 21st, so there is still time to get your work submitted.
A shortlist of ten artists will be chosen by esteemed guest judges and ultimately the winner will be picked by the public.
It is rare that one has the chance to solo-exhibit their work in central London, and rarer so to find that work framed to a high standard. For all the submission details and how to take part click here, this is one we highly recommend, a unique and valuable opportunity for any artist, that artist could be you! Don’t doubt yourself and enter this competition now!
Please see below a selection highlights from the PYLOT x theprintspace Open Call 2017, images by Anya Broido.